CrossChain Swap User Guide
CrossChain Swap goes through the following steps.
The bridge function allows users to interchange an asset on one network with that on another. For example, ETH on the Ethereum network can be bridged to ETH on the BIFROST Network.
The swap function allows users to exchange a certain asset for another asset on the same blockchain. For example, ETH on the BIFROST network can be swapped to BFC on the BIFROST Network.
This guide outlines the swap process with the example of swapping ETH on the Ethereum Network to BFC on the BIFROST Network.
Connect Walleton the top right-hand corner to connect your wallet. MetaMask, Coinbase), and Biport are currently supported.
- 1.Select the Ethereum Mainnet under networks
- 2.Select ETH under tokens
- 3.Type in the amount.Make sure to click “Bridge” at the bottom of the view to check the “Minimum amount to bridge” and the “Maximum amount of bridge”.The bridge may fail if conditions are not met. (The maximum amount of bridge may change depending on the liquidity condition.)
- 1.Double-check the token amount and the selected network and token.
- 2.Check the estimated fee and the token amount to receive after bridging to the selected network. (The fee is subject to change depending on the network.)
Bridgeto execute the bridge.
- 4.The connected wallet will request to confirm the transaction. Check the estimated gas fee and click
(If an alert message such as “We were not able to estimate gas. There might be an error in the contract and this
transaction may fail.” shows, we recommend that you cancel the transaction and retry. If the message reappears, please inquire via the Help Center.)
- 5.Continue with swap once bridge is complete. The time to transfer is subject to change depending on the network traffic.
- 1.The network will change once bridging is complete from the previous step, click
Change chain to Bifrost Mainnetto change the network.
Recommended Swapto find the recommended DEX and the token amount.
(If an alert message such as “We were not able to estimate gas. There might be an error in the contract and this transaction may fail.” shows, we recommend that you cancel the transaction and retry. If the message reappears, please inquire via the Help Center.)
- 4.Check the balance once swap is complete and shows the
You can check the details of your transactions via two methods.
- 1.Check the Tx hash value by clicking
- 2.Check the Tx hash value by clicking the wallet address at the top right.
*By clicking Tx hash(e.g. 0xc7…cafa)you will be redirected to the BIFROST Network Explorer page where you can check the details of the transaction.
- 1.Click the setting button next to ”Reset”.
- 2.By adjusting slippage, the user can set the maximum slippage rate. Transactions are reverted when the actual slippage exceeds the set limit.
*About Price Impact
In the case the value of the difference between the tokens to send and the tokens to receive is greater than -15% (excluding bridge fee), you will see the following message.
Price Impact Example (excluding bridge fee)
When the difference is less than -15%(message will not be displayed) Price Impact -1% Token A worth $10 > Token B worth $9.9
When greater than -15%Price Impact -15% Token A worth $10 > Token B worth $8.5
When greater than -15%